Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Screw You Radio

Isn't it funny how when you get dumped by someone it seems like every love song is speaking directly to you? I hate it. I hate that when I'm at the 7-11 and some fucking cheesy song comes on that I think, "This person really knows what they're talking about." They don't fucking know, what am I saying?

Right now I'm on a Slackers kick. Wasted Days, So This is the Night, Close My Eyes--these songs make me kind of sad even when I'm happy, but somehow it helps to know that at least I'm listening to good music, music I love to help me through this.

My all time favorite Slackers song is Sarah. It's the song that sums it up for me right now.

"You said I never had to have a reason
just for feeling all the feelings that I do.
summer days leave me with empty sneezes
and drunken was the day that I found you"

"I guess I thought that we could live forever
in a state of such imaginary grace
where you could find your diamonds in my arms dear
and I could find a reason in your face"

Or something like that.

Aaaaaaron was nice enough to play that song on my voicemail the other night, just because it came on and he though of me. It's nice to know I have such great friends.

Speaking of which, something occured to me this morning: that first night when he broke up with me, I was the one who had to leave. I was pissed that he didn't even offer to stay somewhere else for the night, but maybe he didn't have anywhere to go. I'm just grateful for friends like Slanger who has been putting me up (and putting up with me) for a week.

No comments: