Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Old bog--should've seen it coming

I found my old blog. This entry was about two months in with the now ex-boyfriend. All I can say is, I know things got better after this, but I should have trusted my feelings. I don't regret the last two years but I really shouldn't have put up with the things I did in the beginning or more recently when things stopped being good, I should've stood up for myself. I'm not going to drive myself crazy thinking about what could've happened if I had done that, but it's definitely something I'll take from this relationship and think about with the next one.

Thursday, September 09, 2004
"i've never been this paranoid and jealous and i don't like myself very much right now. i don't know what it is but something has to change, whether it's how he acts, how i react, or whether or not we stay together. i still really like him and i don't want it to come down to that, but i'm unhappy a lot of the time and i'm acting crazy.

i need to stop reading too much into every little thing and i need to just enjoy things for whatever they are and not expect too much right now. i need to realize that i deserve to be happy and not to be afraid to end things and be alone again if they don't get better. i also need to realize that the past is the past and that the current boyfriend is NOT the ex-boyfriend, even if he acts like an asshole sometimes.

now if only i could get the boyfriend to be a little more affectionate in public (with me) and a little less affectionate in public (with his "just a friend"). i'm not talking making out, but just a show of affection. whether or not he has feelings for her, he says he doesn't and i'm going to have to learn to trust him. if i still get a bad feeling about things after a while, then i just need to end it. also, it would be nice if he wasn't so hot and cold. he has no idea what i'm talking about when i say that, but you can't tell your girlfriend you want to be with her forever then an hour later tell her you wish you hadn't met. example two, don't tell your girlfriend you think you love her and then tell her that she doesn't stimulate you mentally.

also it would be nice if i wasn't the only one who got jealous. not that i'm saying i want a jealous freak as my boyfriend, but him caring when i get hit on by other people would probably help me feel a little more secure that he actually likes me. stupid and silly, yes, but i feel so insecure right now and now matter how many times he says he likes me, a lot of times his actions say something completely different."

No comments: