Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Plans--Jealous?

I have some awesome plans for Valentine's Day, would you like to hear about them? Of course you would! So, I'm going to work eight hours, then I'm going to go to--get this--the grocery store! And, I'm not going to buy food to make a romantic dinner for my boy, I'm going to buy food so I don't starve to death, hooray! Also, I have big plans to go to Jazzercise tonight (more about that later). Could my Heart Day get any better?

Actually, I celebrated VDay (or VD-ha ha) Saturday night too, with my good pal Slanger. We went out for a fancy dinner and were surrounded by happy and romantic couples. The best part was when we walked into the restaurant and the host assumed we were meeting people (aka "dates"). I think he felt sorry for us, you know, out without boyfriends. But come on, isn't VD just one more reason for single people to feel like shit and also, how did he know we weren't on a date? I'm not single, but I've never really celebrated VD. Isn't that what anniversaries are for? Anyway, Slanger and I had a grand time eating good food then had many drinks at the Tiki Bar (where no one gave us any "Why don't you have a date" looks), and I can't wait to celebrate VD with my boy at the grocery store tonight. Maybe we'll splurge and get some pink frosted donuts and beer--it really doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: